Tuesday 20 April 2010

The Olsen Hotel Opening

Firstly I have to apologize for this blog being dormant for the last month, my excuse is that it was a mix of losing my phone(most of the images are taken by my iphone!), the madness of L'oreal Melbourne Fashion Week and a multitude of personal issues! ANYWAY I'm back on board and ready to bombard you with a plethora of new and hopefully interesting posts on my life and what I've been up to in the absence!
Last Thursday I was invited to the grand opening of the amazing new 'Olsen Hotel', part of the Art Series Hotel Group, and what a night it was! I had a few weeks earlier been the lucky first person to organise and shoot a fashion story in the hotel before it was completed and opened.( In the next few days I will post this behind the scenes story) At that time I was amazed at how fantastic the hotel was looking and couldn't wait to see it completed, and so last Thursday I saw 'The Olsen Hotel" in all its glory. Now to give you a bit of background, The Olsen is named after one of Australia's living legend artists, John Olsen and his beautiful landscapes are featured throughout the hotel. What made this night more memorable was that the 83 year old John Olsen himself was there to open it! The picture above is the view from the Penthouse, where of course I was quite at home!
The living room of the Penthouse with amazing city skyline view, just need to add Martini!
Penthouse Dining Room
The charming man himself John Olsen in the Penthouse chatting with guests
The Deague Family and John Olsen cutting the ribbon for the official Opening!
PR Darling Susie Robinson of 'PR Darling' and great friend 'man about town' Joshua Koko
The pool at The Olsen Hotel is an architectural marvel, jutting out over Chapel Street South Yarra with glass bottom and sides.
Very Esther Williams! Synchronized swimmers performance in the pool
Art Series Group's chic Beckie Mitchell striking a pose at the after party
Myself and Beckie Mitchell at the after party getting close!


The video above is the inside of the Penthouse including the artist John Olsen

The Olsen Hotel
637 - 641 Chapel Street South Yarra Victoria

1 comment: