Thursday 22 April 2010

One Hot Director!

Well as I mentioned in my last blog post I was lucky to be granted access to the not yet completed(a month ago) 'Olsen Hotel' to shoot a story for a yet to be named magazine(you should know the deal with these things now if you're a regular reader) on female 'Hot Directors', and if you are also a regular reader you will realize that I have a close friend who is one of those 'Hot Directors' , the gorgeous Helen Clemens! Helen and I have worked together for years on many different projects and continue to be firm friends as well as creative contemporaries. So when the opportunity came up to shoot this story I made a few calls to the great people at 'The Olsen Hotel', in particular the lovely Emma Beattie to arrange our entrance to the worksite that was 'The Olsen Hotel' at that time, luckily a few suites were completed and we proceeded to create an 'LA feel' in and around this now great hotel!
My publicist/producer Dean Drieberg and myself thought the talented photographer Christian Blanchard would capture Helen in this setting at her best and he graciously accepted the assignment. I wanted the feel of the shoot to evoke a modern, LA style that could be seen on an international level.
Accessorizing Helen for our first shot which I declared could be used when Helen wins her first Oscar, her dress is by Madam Virtue & Co Couture and chain bracelet by House of Baulch
I love this shot, Melbourne looks like LA(lacking the smog tho) and Helen looks super sleek!

The stunning Olsen pool and Christian working his magic, me working hard too!
Talk about 'Hot Directors', Christian Blanchard is one hot photographer at the moment recently being named one of Melbourne's best dressed men and ending up on the cover of M Magazine himself!
Dress by Madam Virtue & Co and boots by Zomp, bracelet at Glitzern
The gorgeous Helen Clemens! Helen is probably best known as a video clip director, her credits Sneaky Sound System, Josh Pike, Eskimo Joe and Kasey Chambers to name a few. She is also breaking out into feature film and is taking on the corporate world with some exciting new projects coming up for major clients.

Styling/Concept Philip Boon
Photographer Christian Blanchard
Producer Dean Drieberg
Hair and Make up Narelle Hall

Please check out Helen Clemen's wonderful work at www.plazafilms.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment