Thursday 24 June 2010

A Supermodel of any era!

I received a call recently from my wonderful friend Melinda Collette co owner of Cameron's Models and she asked me if I would style a shoot for the amazing Supermodel of the 80's Isabel Cowan who Cameron's represent, sort of as a comeback shoot. Of course I jumped at the chance to style one of Australia's first Supermodels who had graced the cover of Vogue multiple times! As you can see in this blog post her covers of Vogue (and other mags) are the height of 80's fashion and I was so happy that Isabel allowed me to snap some shots right out of her portfolio. Ask anyone that lived through the 80's in Australia and they will tell you that Isabel was the model dujour and commanded the cover of all fashion magazines at the time.

This cover of Vogue is just so now!

I love the coloured fur in this cover shot, again so now!
So our job was to re invent Isabel for 2010, in a contemporary , luxurious, expensive way that could easily be seen in the pages of present day Vogue. I knew that we had to use only high end designers that would reflect Isabel's still amazing beauty and to bring a modern take on elegance.
I decided along with Melinda and well known photographer Andrew Gash (who I hadn't worked with in over 10 years) to create a palette of black, white and nude to really let Isabel's beauty shine.
Shoes by my all time favourite, Zomp
How elegant, yet modern does Isabel look? Stunning silk gown by Madam Virtue & Co designer JC Lloyd Southwell D'Anvers.
The fabulous make up artist Narelle Hall painted a beautiful picture on a beautiful face. Narelle also crafted exceptional hair styles.
I love Isabel in this chic Sonia Rykiel gown, so simple but modern.
I LOVE this image of Isabel that I snapped in the kitchen of the studio between shots, so casual yet so beautiful, of course she brings this Chanel Couture gown to life.
So french this look...
It was such a treat to work with the master photographer Andrew Gash after many, many years and his shots of Isabel are magnificent. I can't wait to do it again.
This Madam Virtue & Co gown encapsulates Isabel's inner elegance so well and in the close up below I decided I needed to give the elegance a twist by using this fantastic diamante skull neck piece. How stunning does Isabel look in this candid shot, just as stunning as in those 80's Vogue covers!
I was so honoured to work with Isabel and to see her again. I hope that she loves these images we created as much as I do. I look forward to her gracing the covers of magazines again!

Model Isabel Cowan represented by Cameron's Models
Photographer Andrew Gash
Stylist Philip Boon @ Miss Bossy Boots
Hair and Make Up Artist Narelle Hall @ Miss Bossy Boots
Stylist Assistant Carlos Mangubat

All clothing and Jewellery by Madam Virtue & Co 03 96638669
Shoes by Zomp 03 96504431

2 comments:

  1. Mon cher Phillippe,

    C'est magnifique, tu m'émerveilles toujours! I am in total awe of your work, every shoot more stunning than the other, you have excelled yourself yet again with Isabel, the ever so gorgeous Narelle and the very talented Andrew! And for a supermodel of the 80's, certainly a typo as Isabel's beauty and poise is so now!!! Off to Paris day after tomorrow but do email me the pics once they are ready, I'm dying to show them to family and friends! xxx JC and Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is quite beautiful. I wonder what she's been up to in these intervening years?

    ReplyDelete