Thursday 17 May 2012

IT'S TIME!

It has been a year and a half since I posted on this blog, I'd like to tell you why.
Well sort of.
Firstly I started this blog to share my work as a stylist, really a behind the scenes look at my varied life working on editorial photo shoots and dressing celebrities and models, amongst other things.
Life can get very busy and especially when you have more than one job it can get quite hectic. This blogging thing takes dedication and time too!
So excuses aside another thing for me was the rise of the fashion blogger world wide and how so much attention is now focused on what those bloggers are wearing and doing. This is something that I didn't want my blog to be, not that I don't respect and enjoy a lot of this style of blogging, I do and many friends I know are doing this and doing it well but I just wanted my blog to be a look into someone who has been a stylist for nearly 15 years and what they do on a week to week basis.
Let me just reiterate I really LIKE style bloggers, very much just don't see myself as one and that said didn't want my everyday job (a stylist) to be overshadowed by the blog, or blogging.
Most of this I know is only in my head but feel I need to point that out (probably mostly to myself) so that I can go forward with getting back to blogging my work and life.
Anyway.
Back to the matter at hand, here I am starting to write again and ready to blog what has been going on in my life, and there has been quite a lot!
I left this blog when something happened in my life that I didn't for see, many of you would know that I created with legendary fashion designer Jenny Bannister Australia's only live fashion chat show, FASHION TORQUE.
The post below (from November 2010) tells you all about that.
Fashion Torque has grown to be an exciting part of my life, particularly becoming a friend and colleague of the wonderful and creative Jenny Bannister who always inspires with her amazing talent and humour but also the adventures and experiences Jenny and I have been lucky enough to be involved in and continue to be involved with.
So to let you know what I plan this blog to be about here and now, or should I say from now on.
I thought I would give you a look at what I've been up to work wise over the last year and a half along with some of the things I'm working on now and continue to follow the idea I had in the first place, a behind the scenes of what I do!

Where to start...




    
Stay tuned...I'm back!

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited to see this post! I joined your blog a little while ago and then realised you were taking a break, thank you, no pressure but looking forward to reading your work. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh mr boon... great to see the stylish man is back! x

    ReplyDelete